Pickering Football Club were very concerned to hear of the recent incidents when using the Zoom meeting platform. The Club takes these stories very seriously and has taken every measure possible to protect our players from inappropriate images and/or language. As a result, we will move away from the Zoom platform and across to the Cisco WebEx platform that appears more secure and offers the same functionality.
The Club will make every effort to do the right thing and model best practice. There are plenty of poor examples out there including sharing of a child's full name online, slumber party images with adult male coaches and generally things that we feel don't provide the right image for a youth organization.
We have seen many other soccer organizations duplicate the great work we've been doing, from guest speakers, to coach hangouts to youth classroom sessions. We believe our efforts are still at the forefront of this new reality we find ourselves in and we will continue to do our best for you.
The Club has taken the following steps:
1. Created a Webinar Policy and procedures to guide behavior and security for online sessions.
2. Trained lead staff in hosting webinars on the WebEx platform.
3. Moved to Cisco WebEx from Zoom.
1. Head Coaches will be trained on WebEx before hosting team meetings.
2. Parents will complete a Google Form to confirm their approval for their child to participate online. (Players are insured under the Ontario Soccer policy as this is a sanctioned program).
We know this has meant extra hurdles, but as mentioned this is to protect us all. We greatly appreciate your time and
PFC Board & Staff