The academic portion of the program is staffed and supported by the Pickering Football Club and Student Athletes Game Plan. The program consists of the following seminars and workshops:
Grade 8 – U14
• Orientation to the recruiting process and being a student athlete at a post-secondary school
Grade 9 – U15
• Marketing yourself to college coaches
• Timeline, NCAA guidelines, rules and information (grade 9 specific)
• Creating your athletic portfolio
Grade 10 – U16
• Timeline, NCAA guidelines, rules and information (grade 10 specific)
• Academic requirements for NCAA, OUA and CIS schools
• Are you NCAA eligible? Courses taken and needed
• SAT/ACT Prep Course
Grade 11 – U17
• Marketing yourself to college coaches – review
• Timeline, NCAA guidelines, rules and information (grade 11 specific)
Grade 12 – U18
• Timeline, NCAA guidelines, rules and information (grade 12 specific)
• A day in the life of an University student athlete
For more information, feel free to contact our Club Head Coach.
www.macleans.ca/ – MacLean’s Magazine website, which includes Canadian College and University rankings section.
www.universitysport.ca/ – National website for the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS). All sports represented.
www.sportingcanada.com/ – Website that features stories, news and rankings on cross-country, track and field, wresting and swimming in Canadian Universities.
www.oua.ca – Ontario University Sport.
www.cis-sic.ca– Canadian University Sport.
www.ncaa.org – Main website for the NCAA
www.collegeboard.com/ – Includes online SAT registration, testing dates and study tips.
www.ncaasports.com/ – No recruiting information, but a great website on all of the NCAA Championship sports and news.
www.soccercoachingnotes.com/college/NCAA_D1_college_soccer.html – List of all Division 1 Soccer Conferences and divisions including contact information.
www.collegenet.com/ – A great database and search engine for finding out information about colleges and universities specific to your choice.
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges – U.S. News and World Report’s website, which includes U.S. College and University rankings section.